Every village and city of Friesland has its own identity, often possessed with a rich history. Old canal houses, high ranked states and country houses, interesting museums and cosy pubs to enjoy your drink. Experience the rich historical sites of Friesland during the broad range of events which take place within the province. Experience the ‘Eleven Cities Tour’ in 11 ways, the ‘old-fashioned’ town-crier of Sloten and traditional ‘Ring Horse Riding’ in folkloric costumes. Mind ‘skûtsjesilen’ and ‘fierljeppen’. These are regional Frisian sports to be proud of.
You discover that the atmosphere is nice and Frisian people very charming. When you are in Friesland you will be greeted friendly with typical Frisian expressions. ‘Ah Goeie!’
Top 10 to discover in Friesland
Do you like culture? Friesland is the place to be. Because Friesland has it's own unique museums where you'll learn all about the Frisian art & culture.
1. Eise Eisinga Planetarium - Franeker
2. Belvédère - Oranjewoud
3. Jopie Huisman Museum - Workum
4. Nationaal Keramiekmuseum Princessehof - Leeuwarden
5. Fries Museum - Leeuwarden
6. Ruurd Wiersma Hûs - Burdaard
7. Museum It Fiskershúske - Moddergat
8. It Poptaslot - Marssum
9. Openlucht Laagveenderij Museum It Damshûs - Nij Beets
10. Nationaal Modelspoormuseum - Sneek